1) Make sure the patient's oral cavity is free of foreign objects
2) Position the patient so that the airways are open
3) Choose the appropriate size of the manual resuscitator for the patient
4) Securely attach the 15 mm valve connector to the adapter tube of the mask or ventilator.
5) If you use the mask with a resuscitator, hold the mask firmly to patient's face to get a tight connection.
6) Squeeze and release the bag, following the appropriate resuscitation instructions. Leave enough time between the patient's inhalation and exhalation so that the bag is refilled
7) Watch how the patient's chest goes up and down, and listen for the flow of air from the valve when the patient exhales. If this does not happen, check the patient's airway or resuscitator for blockages.
8) If additional oxygen is required, connect a suitable oxygen source, such as an adjustable oxygen regulator, to the resuscitation bag through the oxygen tube connector.